It is that time of year where we seek to raise funds for the Whitsunday Cancer Support Group. The WCSG has been running monthly meetings since August last year following the amazing support with our “Cupcake for a Cause Drive in July 2018. The group meets at venues alternating with Whitsunday Neighbourhood Centre in Cannonvale and Proserpine Community Centre in Proserpine. Each month we provide education and support for all types of cancers, patients, families and survivors. Some months we have 23 in a group some we have 4, but the main objective is to minimise the amount of travel and tap into our local resources, and we are certainly achieving that goal.
Meeting topics have included:
- Friday 17th August – ICON Cancer Centre
- Friday 14th September Lymphatic System Care with Proserpine Massage Clinic
- Friday 19th October – Skin Care during treatment with LiveLife Pharmacy
- Friday 16th November – Natural Medicines and Appropriate Nutrition with Kissun Clinics.
- Friday 15th February – Benefits of Exercise for people with Cancer with Moving Along Physiotherapy
- Friday 15th March – Lymphatic System Care with Proserpine Massage Clinic
- Friday 12th April – National Bowel Cancer Screening Program
- Friday 14th June – Benefits of Relaxation and Meditation for people with Cancer with Find Your Place.
And we have the rest of the year booked with presentations.
We have partnered with Fairbairn Bakery once again to assist in creating some freshly bake cupcakes and we need your help. Soon we will be sending out an order form for cupcakes. You can choose to enlist your employees help to purchase a box of cupcakes (dozen per box) at $30 to share for morning tea. Or you can choose to buy a couple of boxes and choose to sell them individually among your patrons and clients. Or you can buy a box for work morning tea and a box to eat yourself…….we won’t tell, pinky promise.
How it works:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get an order form sent to you.
- Shout out to everyone in your office/ workplace and stick the poster up in the staffroom.
- Put it on the staff meeting agenda to discuss how many to buy.
- Fill in the form based on your requirements. It is so hard to choose, vanilla or red velvet, why not a box of both?
- Return your form to our centre along with payment by Friday July 5, 2019. Cash or Direct Deposit are available
- Your scrummy boxes of cupcakes will be delivered to your nominated address on Tuesday, July 16, 2019.